As you embark on the journey of finding your dream lakefront home, selecting a reputable realtor becomes paramount in the home-buying process. While searching for a realtor, it’s important to note that the quantity of listings a realtor manages may not always reflect their expertise. Glenn Phillips, CEO of Lake Homes Realty, offers valuable insights into the realities of realtors with extensive listings.
- Listings Do NOT Equal Selling: The number of listings a realtor has doesn’t necessarily translate to successful home sales. Certain listings may linger on the market for extended periods, potentially resulting in price reductions.
- Using Listings for “Agent Marketing”: Maintaining an excessive number of listings is often employed as a marketing strategy by agents. The quantity of listings can serve as a sales tactic to generate more transactions in a specific area.
- Commission Games: It’s essential to take note of the commission percentage that agents offer to the buyer’s side and ensure that it aligns with your financial expectations.
- Days on Market: It’s crucial to pay attention to the number of days a home has been listed on the market. Some realtors may accumulate numerous listings without a sense of urgency to sell them. While this may boost their listing count, it doesn’t necessarily benefit either the seller or the buyer.
- Sale Price vs. Original List Price: It’s essential to inquire whether your realtor can provide information about the actual selling price compared to the listing price. Engaging in a commission-focused strategy and keeping the property on the market for an extended duration may lead to an overpriced home. It’s crucial to set the right price for your home based on the current market conditions.
Choosing the right real estate agent to sell your lakefront property can be a daunting task, but a skilled realtor can guide you through the process and successfully sell your home. Don’t let the quantity of listings a realtor has to be the sole factor influencing your decision to become a homeowner. Instead, get in touch with a reputable realtor at lakehomes.com who has your best interests.