Purchasing a lake home is not something to take likely. Before you commit to a property, consider these factors from Lake Homes Realty’s CEO, Glenn Phillips.
- Bridges?: The location of bridges will impact how convenient it will be to travel around the area. However, the closer you are to one, the closer you’ll be to traffic.
- Water Levels?: The water level can vary by lake, season, and time of day. It’s important to know the behavior of your preferred lake, as the changing levels can affect lake activities.
- Shoreline Restrictions?: Research the restrictions surrounding the shoreline, as they tend to fluctuate throughout the area.
- Land Restriction?: Most lakes are owned by an organization, which means you’ll run into leased-land properties. You’ll have to follow their guidelines when buying these types of homes.
- Water Restrictions?: Living by the lake doesn’t guarantee you have free range on the water within it. Check out the rules around water activities, water addition/removal, etc.
When buying a lake home, the property itself isn’t the only thing to consider. Be sure you can live the lake lifestyle you want before you buy!